Glen Vista Property Owners Association


This information is provided to all GVPOA property owners in filings 9 through 16. How many don’t know the below? In Colorado a law was created which permitted water wells on tracts larger than 35 acres. So how are we able to have wells on our lots of approximately 5 acres? Filings 9 – 16 are able to apply for permits for wells through a water court order of January, 1974. Under an augmentation plan submitted and approved by the court, we are able to install water wells when we receive a state issued well permit.  Our wells are specifically limited to household use by the court and by our agreement.  You may learn the details of this by reviewing the protective covenants.  The information is also spelled out on your well permit. Every GVPOA member in filings 9 – 16 needs to read paragraph N of the covenants. It is your responsibility to be aware of the uses and limitations to which we all agreed when we purchased our property. The GVPOA is required to enforce the terms of well usage as the agreement states. The augmentation plan in place provides for GVPOA to use ground water based on our agreement to buy water shares to replace the water we draw. Details of this agreement can be provided upon request. We have a right to use our well water for normal household purposes.  We are not permitted to use water for irrigation, livestock, or any other outside purpose. Further, all property owners in filings 9 – 16 are required to install an approved water meter on their water system. Those who have not done so are advised to contact a pump service or well drilling  contractor to arrange for such installation. Colorado Department of Natural Resources, through the Division of Water Resources (DWR), has authority to administer this program. Each property owner is required to provide water meter readings to DWR every 6 months.  We have been contacted regarding shortcomings in our compliance, including the lack of water meter readings. Additional information may be provided in a future bulletin. If you have specific questions, please leave a message at our message phone number, 719.315.1520, or send an email to